I am going to be busy all weekend, with it being your birthday and all, so I wanted to make sure I got this post done in time. As I wrap up the end of my "monthly blog updates" of your life, I wanted to recap on what you are like at 2 Years Old. A time I doubt you'll remember, but a time that your dad and I hope that we always do.
You are very smart, and have a love of learning. You frequently say "I do," because you like to figure it out yourself. You are, most of the time, pretty independent. And sometimes, when you run off in the supermarket with no regard of where we are, we wish you weren't.
I'm not predicting you'll be a great dancer, but maybe someday you'll be on Dancing with the Stars and I'll look back and laugh at this blog post. You like to move when you hear the music, but there isn't too much rhythm there... Yet.
You have an amazing memory. You aren't easily distracted, and if you are, you always remember to come back to what we tried to distract you from.
You absolutely love your Dad. You love me too, but you admire him. Your favorite things to do are riding the tractor with him, riding in the truck with him, and reading your books with him. Every morning when I go to change you into your outfit for the day, the first thing you want to do when you are dressed is go find "Daddy." You than spend the next few minutes 'finding' everything he needs to get ready for the day. His hat, socks, shoes, everything. When you are shy, sick, scared or sad, you want to be with me. But when you want to have fun, you just want Dad. You two even have your own language of facial expressions and odd noises. It's been fun to watch you're father- daughter relationship evolve over the last year.
You are definitely a rough and tumble girl. You love to be outside. You don't cry for long after you fall, you have no fear of anything (except large bodies of water.) Getting dirty is your absolute favorite thing. If there is a mess to be made, you'll make it.
You're a mix of mom and dad. Stubborn and stubborn, I now know, results in stubborn. And that my friend, is you. Most like your father, you love to figure out how things work. Most like me, you don't laugh easily. You smile and enjoy things, but you are not easy to laugh.
You're shy at first, but within a minute or two that is gone. You are very social with other kids, and could spend your whole day with them.
You have a zest for life, and want to be awake every minute of it. I can count on my hand the number of times in the last year you just 'fall asleep' somewhere. It rarely happens.
And even though it's the inside that matters, you are just beautiful on the outside. You have the most beautiful hair color. It's not strawberry blonde, it's not auburn; its red. A copper red. It's bright and fiery just like your personality.
We love you, and can't wait to see what the next year brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment