Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Baby D"

I thought it would be fun to do a few of these "question and answer" posts throughout my pregnancy. I'll add this to Baby D's blog book, and she can look back at her early pre-life years.

Announcement for those that don't know.. We are having a girl! (I'm trying my very hardest not to say 'another girl,' because she is her own girl, not another Mackenna.) We are so excited about this. Ben hoped you would be a girl, and as for me.. as a sister myself, I know what a special thing this is for Mackenna. We aren't publicly announcing her name, so for now she is just Baby D!

How far along? 17 weeks
Baby's size/development this week:  5 ounces now, and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. Size of a turnip. Whatever a turnip is?
Maternity clothes: Yes, have been wearing them (or a dress) since about 12 weeks. No joke. I popped early this go around.
Miss anything? Wine. What did you think I was going to say? Oh, and sleeping on my stomach. 
Food cravings? Amatos Italians. Salt and vinegar chips. Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Subway sandwiches. (Have you smelled how good a Subway store smells lately?) Anything sweet.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? From weeks 6-12, everything and anything. It was a rough 6 weeks of morning all day sickness. Now, I'm feeling great other than some lower back pain, and the normal tiredness of it all. But than again, that could just be working long hours and a toddler at home.
Sleep: Had some moments I've stayed awake stressing about work issues, but slept okay in regards to the pregnancy. 
Best moment of the week: Watching Mackenna dance to music last night. 
Nursery: Haven't really thought about that yet, other than we are moving Mackenna into a 'big girl room' next month, and will start on it. 
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Movement? Lots of early movements. I have a rear-facing placenta with this pregnancy, so they tell me, so I can easily feel all the movements in the front.
Weird pregnancy thing of the week: Lower back pain. 
Daddy is feeling: Carefree. Says he was nervous about having Mackenna, because she was the first, but with this little one, he is just excited and enjoying the ride.
Mommy is feeling: Tired. Anxious for you to be here, but also enjoying the last few months with an only child, and the ease of it all while it lasts. 
Workouts this week: Ben and I have been biking a lot together, now that we have the baby trailer for the back of Ben's bike. I'm a runner/ walker, Ben prefers only to bike. So I caved, and we bike. I'm loving it.
Looking forward to: My birthday this weekend, and spending some time on the lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment