Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Great Birthday Weekend!

This past weekend, I turned 29. The kind of birthday where I now state that I am turning 29 for the next ten years. Although, I have plans for the big 3-0 to be pretty special. We spent a long weekend at camp. It was great, the first day I have taken off in months. 
Camp road rules, Mackenna backing up the truck.
Day on the lake, Ben's happy place.
Boating can make a baby tired.
Normal dinner..
We tried taking you swimming in the lake, Mackenna... but you were NOT happy about that. 
For my birthday weekend, Ben made all of my favorite foods- homemade. It was delicious!
Eggs Benedict for breakfast.
Mexican Night: Homemade Chimichangas and Mexican Rice.
Italian Night: Stuffed shells with marinara from scratch, and an heirloom tomato tart!
And the real surprise of the whole weekend, other than a beautiful necklace Ben gave me, was Mackenna deciding she wanted to sleep in a BIG GIRL bed. Amazing. She slept in it all night, and naps. Didn't even wake up and come in our room. We are so proud of her.
On Sunday, my actual birthday, we biked from camp to Beth's Kitchen, my favorite breakfast spot in Bridgton.
I think it's acceptable to bring your daughter to breakfast in her pajamas and bedhead, in Bridgton...
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts, I had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment