Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Wheat Zucchini Bread

This is the second summer that Ben & I have done a farm- share program, and this year we have TONS of zucchini.  We can't go through it fast enough. I was inspired when I saw The Wescott's blog post where they made zucchini bread! 

I found a few "sweet" variations of this bread online, and altered the recipes to create my own. It is delicious. As Ben called it, this is my "nesting bread." I imagine he googled "Why would my wife be making 4 loaves of bread at 9:00 pm when she is 39 weeks pregnant?" The Google search result must have been "She is nesting."

Chocolate Chip Wheat Zuchinni Bread

6 eggs
4 cups sugar
2 cups oil
4 -5 cups shredded zucchini
6 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups of chopped walnuts
1 (12 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips

Warning: This recipe makes 4 loaves. I DID make four loaves, since we were having company over the following night and I wanted to give our guests bread to take home. For two 9 x 5 loaves, just cut the recipe in half. 



 The food processor worked WONDERS in grating the zucchini in seconds.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you actually had 4 bread loaf pans! Got any leftovers? You know my address.

    ReplyDelete