Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dakota's First Week Home

Note to my blog followers: I am behind in my blogging. Maternity leave hasn't been as 'easy' as I planned. I am starting to catch up now, so expect a few outdated posts to head your way. Enjoy!

After reluctantly leaving Mercy Hospital a little less than 48 hours after Dakota was born, we packed our bags up and headed home. We came home from the hospital late on a snowy Sunday night to a very thoughtful gift from my co-workers, who had planned on throwing me a baby shower on the day that I delivered Dakota. A delicious cake from Foleys Bakery.
We continued a tradition that we had with Mackenna, and picked up Flatbread Pizza for our first night home together. 
Her first night at her new house, looking like a little chipmunk. I just love this photo.
Ben took off two weeks from work for his paternity leave. It was the best two weeks at home with Dakota, and spending time adjusting our home and habits to our new family. I remember how special those weeks were with Mackenna.

Some moments looked like this.
And other moments looked like this.
And this.
All bundled up to brave the freezing January temperatures to one of our breast feeding group meetings together!
First trip to Hannaford.
 First pediatrician visit at a week old. Down a bit in weight since birth, but completely healthy. 
First trip to Freeport. It is crazy the amount of shopping you can get done without a 2 year old running all around.
 Ben and I immediately remembered how hard it is to change a little teeny newborn!
The Ernests came to visit, and Aunt Jenny was a baby hog.
Ben opened Dakota's gifts from the Ernest family. Perfect for hunting season!
Mackenna's gift, the cutest nurse's outfit. Perfect for the girl who loves to play Doctor.
First girls day out with Jenn and Sara for pedicures and lunch.
The Wescott clan brought dinner over. Which.  Was. Awesome. Having two kids under 3 years old and cooking for guests? Good luck. Pete's shepherds pie was delicious, and Jenn always makes the best salad. A tie with Judy's salads actually. Anyways, I digress. Jenn and I attempted to get a group shot of our kids. As you can see, it didn't go quite as planned. Trying to get these kids to all look at the camera and maintain a smile at the same time? Doesn't happen.
Now this is a little better.
I love watching them play together.
It was a chaotic, crazy, emotional, tiring, yet blissful and wonderful first week home with our little Dakota bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment