Monday, February 17, 2014

Our First Race

As a long time lover of running, I have never been competitive. I enjoy running, and its been on my mind recently to make more time for it this year. I have set a goal for myself to run 10 road races this year, and to run all of them with Mackenna. Hopefully some day she will join me in my love for running, and join me on foot.

We started our ten- race- goal yesterday, on a balmy 20 degree day in Portland. It was frigid. Ben and Dakota waited in the car for most of the race, but met us by the finish line just in time to snap a few photos. I would be lying if I said Mackenna had a great time. She really didn't. In fact, she cried most of the time we were running, sobbing, "I want my Daddy." Over and over again. Hopefully it was just the cold weather that didn't sit well with her. We shall find out at the next race!

1 comment: