Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Apple Stuffed Pork Loin

Maybe in my next life, I'll be a food blogger. I could get used to this...

I'm embracing the fall weather and fall cooking. Well, mostly the eating. But the cooking and fall too. This past weekend we went apple picking, and I already had this recipe picked out to make the following night. It didn't disappoint, and I love meals I can throw on the crock pot in them morning and its ready and smells delicious when I get home. I recommend this to anyone!

Ingredients
Pork Loin, 2.5-3 lbs. (We used a 1 1/2 lb seasoned loin)
Red Delicious Apples, 3 sliced
Honey, approx 4 T
Cinnamon, 2 T

Directions
Lay the apple slices (from two of the apples) in the bottom of the crockpot.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cut slits in the pork loin (approx 1/2″-3/4″).
Drizzle some honey into the slits.
Then place apple slices into the slits.
Place the pork loin into the crockpot.
Drizzle the top with the remainder of the honey.
Place the rest of the apples on top.
Then sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon.
Cook on low for 7 hours.

We served ours with curry cous cous, which I love. And Ben, just eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment