Thursday, May 24, 2012

My kind of sandwich.

Let me preface this post with a few things. 1) I LOVE sandwiches. I could go to a 5-star restaurant, and if a sandwich was on the menu, I'd likely choose it over any center cut filet. 2) I eat dinner alone roughly 40% of the year, since Ben travels often for work. Given these two statements, it's safe to say that this sandwich will be a frequent meal choice for me. It's amazing. Ben wouldn't think so, given that he isn't a fan of avocados. But if you are normal, and you actually like avocados... read on.

Here is my twist on a plain- ole- grilled cheese.
  • Start out with some fresh, homemade bread. If you are in Maine, I recommend the Bow St market in Freeport. They make their own marble rye (and other varieties) bread, and it is without comparison the best bread ever. Here is a link to their website: http://www.bowstreetmarket.com/
  • Slice avocados, tomatoes, and red onion.
  • Layer your fixings, with a slice of provolone on each side. 
  • Butter each side of bread and grill on medium-high for 4 minutes on each side.
Slice and dig in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment