Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Past Three Years.

Over the past three years, a record- breaking amount of events have happened in my life. From 2009- 2012, here is a recap of the events that have taken place in my life. In March of 2009; Ben and wrapped up renovations and rented out our apartment building. In April of 2009; We got a little 8- week old puppy and named her Bailey. (After Ben typed in "girl dog hunting names" on Google, and this came up.) In April of 2009; we went under contract on our new home and in a few short months; we closed on the home. In September of 2009, we got married. And than after a "slow year," in December of 2010, we found out we were expecting our first baby. And this past September, we brought home Mackenna.

A dog, house, marriage, pregnancy and baby.

The one and only thing that didn't change in my life was my job. I have worked at Avesta through this all. I've been working at an office that is 5 minutes away from home and daycare, and I've had co- workers that felt like family. Starting Monday, I will begin a new chapter in my career as a as Senior Manager at Preservation Management. I know that it is a great move for me professionally, but it has been a hard move personally. In the end, I know this opportunity for greater earning potential is the best thing for my family. I'm both nervous and excited for this new challenge.

I debated about whether to "blog" about this, since this is largely a happy, family blog, and this topic is personal. But I truly want this to be a scrapbook/ diary that I can look back on someday, and without this topic- it wouldn't be complete. Wish me luck on Monday. And, I'm sure the next three years will be just as eventful as the last three. I don't think we would like our life any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment