Mackenna's 1st Halloween was low key, and most importantly- we got some great photos of her. After all, thats what the this year was all about! She wore a pumpkin costume that her cousin Connor wore 6 years ago, and was adorable.
Mackenna "trick or treated" at our friend Ethan and Jessies for some Reeses, and stopped at The Wescotts for some photo opps. We were home early, and had this delicious dinner that I made in the crock pot: Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. Definitely a meal to try if you want something very easy, with a little spice. With a little one around, the crock pot is my best friend.
Since next year Mackenna will be 14 months old on Oct 31st, I think it's safe to say that this is the last Halloween that she will be in bed by 8:00.
Here is our little pumpkin!
Thanks for the Reeses Jessie!
Photos w/ Jen & Jack!
Ending the night with a Halloween book....
Yup, I'll need that recipe :) Love that you guys came down to see us...plan on making it an annual thing!
ReplyDeleteYes- we'll be there next year! Mackenna Jack and Ethan will be cute together I'm sure! Here is the crockpot recipe: http://nancysrecipes.wordpress.com/2009/12/17/buffalo-chicken-sandwiches-for-the-crockpot/
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try one of your blog recipes next week :-)