Friday, October 21, 2011

Columbus Day Weekend

In the continuing theme of "Mackenna's firsts," she added two more to her list on this long weekend. 

  • Her first hike.
  • Her first road race. 

Bald Pate Mountain
Mackenna went for a hike with Ben & I, Judy, Talia, Connor, Kathy, Skip... and Becky & Dewey the dogs. We went to Bald Pate Mountain in South Bridgton, about 15 minutes from camp. It was HOT for mid- October.
 At the top!
 Enjoying lunch with Dad.
 Stretching out in the sun.
The view.
 The crew.


Waterford Road Race
For the third year in a row now, I have run the Waterford Fall Foliage 5K with my in-laws. Last year it was freezing cold for this mid- October race, and this year it was HOT- in the 80's. I think I even got a sun burn.  It was great to run the race with Ben and Mackenna this year. (Well, Ben walked the race- but I got to pass them along the run and wave hello.) Mackenna was such a hit, and Ben said his race time was so slow because all of the other race participants came up to him to adore the baby. 

Youngest race participant.
 Connor running the kid's "Fun Run"

No comments:

Post a Comment