Sunday, June 23, 2013

Tortellini Soup... Delicious and Nutritious!

I haven't felt well this weekend at all. In fact, its been pretty rough. For Sunday dinner Ben said he would make anything I felt like, and I decided to check out Taste of Home's website. I've heard people, including  http://thewescotts.blogspot.com/ talk about their recipes. I thought soup would be perfect for a weak stomach, and found their recipe for Tortellini Soup. Ben made the soup tonight and it was just perfect. It tasted flavorful, and fresh. We both loved it, its too good not to share! As a bonus, its quick and easy.

Tortellini Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini 
  • 3 cups chopped fresh spinach (We used baby spinach)
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions
  • In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the spinach, vinegar and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Enjoying dinner together.

Note: We changed the garlic and balsamic amounts. 

Happy Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment