Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!








I could write a whole long, sappy, tear- jerking paragraph on how emotional it is to see the 'fruits of my labor' (pun intended) turn 1. But, I'll spare you. The day was absolutely perfect. From the weather, to the company, to all the fabulous gifts- September 1, 2012 was a great day.









Birthday breakfast was donuts. As a kid, I always had donuts for breakfast on my birthday. I started this tradition already for Mackenna. Since I always feed her organic/ wholesome/ healthy food, this day was an exception for her. And, a treat.

Chocolate for breakfast, dad... what is this? 
While Mackenna played all morning, Ben and I whipped her up a homemade birthday cake. This is another birthday tradition we are hoping to start; a homemade birthday cake every year. For two people who have never made a cake before- I'd say we did okay :) 
Our Little Monkey.
Our crew! 
It was a gorgeous day for a party.
Two of our favorite girls,  Hollie & Madisyn.
M's own personal ship, thanks to Nana and Grandpa Rodney.
Both her aunts are here!
Excuse me, I have a card for my girlfriend. 
Peter & Mackenna

Uncle Pete, telling Mackenna what her dad was really like in college...
Aunt Kara
Cake time!
Really getting into it...
My cousin is crazy!
Grandma Judy
Mackenna and her Great Grandfather. Cuffey generations; 90 Years apart.
Jessie! 
Can I just say how much I adore these photos of Jenn & Mackenna? Adorable. 

Happy Birthday, Monkey! 






PS: I have to say a HUGE, HUGE thank you to my dearest friend Kati King for taking these photos. It truly allowed me to enjoy the party and not be married to my Canon. I can't wait to do the same, some day, for your little Kings :)

1 comment: