Thursday, August 2, 2012

Taco Pie

I have to give all credit for even finding this recipe to Jen's meal planning on her blog. I saw "Taco Bake" and was curious- so I clicked her link and found this amazing looking recipe on someone else's blog. It was delicious, and we can't wait to make it again! This was actually my first time using yeast and making my own dough. It is so much easier than I imagined. I call it Taco Pie Heaven. 
Ingredients
    Filling
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1/2 C water
  • Topping
  • 1 C grated cheese
  • 1 C chopped lettuce
  • 1 C chopped tomato
  • Any other taco toppings of your choice
  • Crust
  • 1 3/4 - 2 C flour
  • 1 pkg quick rise yeast
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp dried mince onion
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2/3 C warm water
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 C crushed tortilla chips
Instructions
  1. Combine 1 C flour, yeast, sugar, onion and salt and mix well.
  2. Add warm water (110-115 degrees) and oil to flour mixture
  3. Mix by hand until almost smooth
  4. Stir in chips and enough flour to make a stiff batter.
  5. Spread in a greased 10 inch pie pan and form a rim
  6. Cover and let rise for about 10 minutes.
  7. Add meat.
  8. Bake at 375 for 30- 35 minutes.
  9. Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. (We added olives and sour cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment